Star Bike Tour in and around Linz 2024
Danube Cycle Path
6 days/5 nights, approx. 155 km / 45-55 km daily, mostly flat /4-starhotels
Linz is often referred to as the vibrant cultural city on the Danube. In 2024, Linz celebrates the 200th birthday of Anton Bruckner, the city's great son. This star bike tour along the Danube Cycle Path has many cultural highlights in store for you: an open-air serenade concert, day trips into the surrounding area, Anton Bruckner's places of work and sights of the city. With the Linz Card, many attractions and public transport are free of charge.
- 5 nights
- 5 overnight stays in the 4* category during the Sternradtour in Linz
- daily rich breakfast buffet
- Serenade concert in the arcade courtyard of the Linz Landhaus as per programme
- 3-day Linz Card (2nd-4th day): o Free admission to Linz museums o Free use of public transport in Linz o Ascent and descent with the Pöstlingbergbahn o €5,00 gastronomy voucher o Attractive reductions for cultural events in Linz
- Rail journey from Linz to Steyr including bike
- Your personal cycle route in an individualised cycle book, as well as a digital application for computer and mobile phone, GPX data for your navigation device
- High-quality handlebar bag per room for optimal transport of travel documents during the trip and as a gift for home
- Service telephone also at weekends
- E-bike charging possibility at the hotel
The prices include taxes and charges.
Not included in the price: The tourism tax (approx. €2.00-3.00 per person/night) is to be paid at the hotel.
to be paid at the hotel.
1. Day - Individual Journey to Linz
Arrival in Linz for your cycling holiday and check-in at the 4-star hotel. If you have booked rental bikes, you can pick them up at the bike rental office.
Hotel example: Arcotel Nike**** in Linz
Hotel note: We make every effort to book the hotel mentioned by name. However, should it not be available, we will switch to an equivalent establishment.
2. Day - Cycle tour into the Upper Danube Valley, approx. 55 km
The first cycle tour on the Danube cycle path leads upstream via Ottensheim to the Feldkirchen bathing lakes. Do not forget: Pack swimming things in your saddle bags. In Aschach you cross the Danube and cycle along the right bank back towards Linz. Shortly before the city, it is worth taking a break to visit the baroque Wilhering Abbey.
3. Day - Cycle tour from Steyr via Enns and Mauthausen to Linz, approx. 55 km
Travel comfortably by train to the romantic town of Steyr. Along the Enns cycle path you cycle to Enns, the oldest town in Austria. Numerous Roman excavations bear witness to the glorious past of the town at the mouth of the Enns. Cross the Danube bridge to reach the small town of Mauthausen, where you can visit the Mauthausen concentration camp memorial. The last kilometres of the Sternradtour on your cycling holiday in Upper Austria are on the Danube Cycle Path.
4. Day - DiscoverLinz
This day of your cycling holiday on the Danube Cycle Path is dedicated to the cultural city of Linz. Numerous sights such as the LENTOS Art Museum, Ars Electronica Center or the Li
Arrival: 29.06.2024 - 24.08.2024, Saturdays
Arrival: 29.06.2024 - 24.08.2024
A: 29.06.2024 - 24.08.2024
€ 489,00 double room/breakfast (per person and stay)
€ 749,00 Single room/breakfast (per person and stay)
-100% child 00-05 years
- 50% Child 06-11 years
- Suitable for teenagers
- Suitable for seniors
- Suitable for friends
- Suitable for couples
- Suitable for children
Star Bike Tour in and around Linz 2024 OÖ Touristik GmbH
Freistädter Straße 119
Phone+43 732 7277-200
Legal contact informationOÖ. Touristik GmbH
Freistädter Straße 119
AT-4041 Linz, Donau
OÖ Touristik GmbH