Triftsteig in the Kalkalpen National Park
Into the heart of the National Park
The landscape is absolutely impressive on the simple but long (2,200 m) via ferrata through the wild and romantic Great Gorge. Most of the time the trail runs at a height of about 10 m above the Great Brook, but you can also come directly down to the bank.
In the past, felled tree trunks were washed (drifted) on the streams out to Reichraming. Tree trunks that had got stuck on this path were loosened again - hence the name.
How difficult is it going to be?
The climb is quite easy. It is just sometimes difficult for children to reach the rather high ropes. In case of doubt, it is advisable for children to take a via ferrata set or additional safety rope with them. An adult behind the child can help put on the carabiners.
Details - climbing mount
- difficulty acc. to Kurt Schall: simple (A)
- Hop off description: From the Weißwasser car park in 1.5 hours through several tunnels of the old railway line, which was used to haul timber. Follow the forest road downstream in the direction of Klaus Hütte. Shortly after the Schleierfall you reach the Annerlsteg with a rest area. The entrance is right after the bridge (sign). By bike you can shorten the "approach" to only 15 minutes!
- Hop on description: Left back to Weißwasser (1.25 h) or right through the tunnels in 20 min. to the Annerlsteg and to the parked bikes.
- duration hop on: 1 h
- duration climbing mount: 1 h
- duration Descent: 1 h
May until October. On hot summer days you can refresh yourself in the cold stream.
Weisswasser car park (670 m); Accessible via the Hengstpass to Unterlaussa and the Mooshöhe
- Suitable for teenagers
- Suitable for seniors
- Suitable for single travelers
- Suitable for friends
- Suitable for couples
Please get in touch for more information.
Phone +43 7562 5266
Fax machine +43 7562 5266 - 10
You can also visit us onVisit us on Facebook Visit us on Instagram Visit us on Pinterest Visit our videochannel on YouTube