Built in 1877 by Josef Werndl as his home, in the style of a Scottish castle.
But Werndl never actually lived in it. Used as an exhibition hall for an Industrial and Electrical Exhibition 1884. After Werndl died, it was owned by his daugther Caroline - Baroness Imhof - who actually dwelled in this castle. In 1928, a Tyrolese Franciscan Order purchased it, turned it into a boarding school for boys and, for a short time, also ran a secondary modern school there.
Castle Vogelsang Preuenhueber Straße 14
Phone +43 7252 53229
Fax machine +43 7252 53229 - 15
Tourismusverband Steyr und die Nationalpark Region