The castle was built slightly above the market square on the site of an older structure by the hammer lord Wolf Egerer in 1561.
Until 1848, the care court of the Garsten dominion was located here, and after the dissolution of the monastery in 1787, it was the legal successor to the administrator of the Urbaramtsverwalter des Religionsfonds. Via DI Pakosta, whose father had come to Weyer in the previous century as a so-called "Billiger Jakob", the castle passed to the market town of Weyer in 1979.
The narrow building on the street side with 2 round corner oriels dates from the 16th century, the turrets were probably added in 1749. At the rear, there is a large late Gothic flat bay window on console stones.
The small pentagonal arcaded courtyard is very atmospheric. The rooms in the basement have wide barrel vaults, in the upper storey delicate groined vaults. Above the large round-arched portal at the back are late Gothic windows. Portals and windows are made of red marble. Various structural alterations were made to the rooms during the extensive renovation in 1980, which saved this gem from decay. Today, the music school is housed here.
Both the multi-purpose hall and the beautiful rooms of the castle can now be used for events.
MO, DI 8.00 -12.00
DO 1.30- 5.30 p.m.
The Ennstalbahn runs between Linz and Weißenbach-St. Gallen. Details at www.ooevv.at
Stations are located in Ternberg, Trattenbach, Losenstein, Reichraming, Großraming, Küpfern, Kastenreith, Kleinreifling and Weißenbach-St. Gallen.
Arrival by car:
From Salzburg/Linz: A1 motorway exit Enns-Steyr > B115 into the Enns Valley.
From Vienna: A1 motorway exit Haag > B42 > B122 > B115 into the Enns Valley
From Passau: A8 Passau > Wels > A1 motorway exit Enns-Steyr > B115 into the Enns Valley
From Graz: A9 Pyhrnautobahn > motorway exit Klaus > Grünburg > into the Ennstal valley
- All weather
- Suitable for groups
Please get in touch for more information.
Egererschloss Castle Marktplatz 30
+43 7355 6255
+43 7355 6255 - 90