- The Whole Year Round
Since 2003, the converted castle has been the "Neupernstein Castle Cultural Centre". The Kirchdorf Regional Music School is also located in the castle.
At the beginning of the 18th century, a farm, the Hanfelderhof, stood on the site of today's castle. The farm was mentioned in documents as early as 1228 and was a fief of the Spital am Pyhrn monastery. In 1340, Christian von Hanvelden, who belonged to the lower nobility, was the feudal lord. In 1457 the farm belonged to Lienhart Haiden and a little later to Konrad von Hurnheim. The Urbaramtmann Hanns Hauser, who owned the Hanfelderhof from the early 17th century onwards, achieved recognition of the hitherto peasant property as a noble seat in 1645. Only two years later, however, he sold it to Michael Perger. From the latter it passed to the keeper of the lordship of Alt-Pernstein in 1665. When he died in 1689, he bequeathed the Hanfelderhof to Kremsmünster Abbey, which also owned Alt-Pernstein. As it had already become too uncomfortable for the keeper at the old castle, the official residence was moved here. The Hanfelderhof was now called Pfleghof. Between 1715 and 1718, it was expanded into today's castle. The architect was Jakob Prandtauer. It was not until this time that the name Neu-Pernstein came into use. Later, it was the seat of the district commissariat and the tax district. The outbuildings were built between 1771 and 1774, when the castle was leased to Prince Windischgraetz. In 1920 it was even sold to his family, but returned to Kremsmünster Abbey in 1930. Today, the castle belongs to the municipality of Kirchdorf an der Krems and is used as a regional music school.
Please get in touch for more information.