Sebaldusweg Stage 4 | Gaflenz - Weyer - Großraming
Interactive elevation profile
Starting point: Gaflenz
Stage destination: Groraming
Trail conditions: Hiking trail, asphalt, forest road
Trail length: 22 km
Metres in altitude: approx. 700 m
Quality of experience: *****
- Multi-stage route
- Refreshment stops available
- Cultural/historical value
Discover on the way:
Gaflenz: Gaﬂenz parish church (dedicated to St. Andrew and St. Vitus), Gaﬂenz open-air swimming pool, Stations of the Cross on the Heiligenstein, pilgrimage church of St. Sebald on the Heiligenstein - the highlight of the pilgrimage trail, Heiligenstein themed trail, educational forest trail on the Heiligenstein
Weyer: Historic market square, open-air swimming pool, Weyer parish church (dedicated to St. John), Schmidberger weir on the Gaﬂenzbach, Katzenstein mill, historical ground by the bridge in Kastenreihth - panels provide information on the last days of the war in Weyer.
Großraming: shortly before Großraming, a red-white-red plaque also informs about the end of the war and the Enns as a demarcation line, Großraming parish church (dedicated to St. James), FREI.sicht.BAD in Großraming.Off the beaten track: Weyer Kreuzberg nature reserve, climbing hall 6a, willow shiﬀ and sculptures by Alois Lindenbauer, Großraming carriage museum.
Gaflenz - Kreuzweg - Heiligenstein - via Heilgenstein hiking trail to Weyer - market square - Katzensteiner Mühle - on the Ennsradweg (R7) to Großaming.
From Gaﬂenz the trail leads via the E 06 Way of the Cross to Heiligenstein (782 m) and then via the Heiligenstein Hiking Trail to Weyer (Historic Market Square). In the right-hand bend after the market square, the trail leads left uphill to the parish church and via Kirchenwegerl to the Winkelmayr inn. At the Steineck inn, cross the road and the Gaﬂenzbach stream and walk along the promenade past the Katzen steinermühle mill to the Enns. Follow the Ennsradweg R7 along the Enns towards Großraming, past the railway station to the Ennsbrücke bridge. We cross the bridge, keep to the right and change sides of the road at the pedestrian crossing. From here we walk along the pavement up to the centre of Großraming.
Stop along the way: Gaflenz Jausenstation Heiligenstein; Weyer Reiterhof KrennEdtbauer, Cafe Hohlrieder, Gasthaus Berger, CafeKonditorei Schwarzlmüller; Gasthaus Steineck, Gasthaus "Zur Taverne"; Großraming Gasthaus Stangl "Zur singenden Wirtin", Flößerstube, Restaurant Rialto, Cafe-Bar Paletti, Cafe Hohlrieder, Cafe Schausberger, Gasthof Kirchenwirt
As there are few opportunities to stop for refreshments directly along the trail, it is advisable to take enough snacks and drinks with you.
Sturdy walking shoes, sun and rain protection, first aid kit for emergencies, possibly walking sticks.
Information on places to stop for refreshments and overnight stays or bookable offers at www.sebaldusweg.at
Arrival by car:
- From Salzburg/Linz: A1 motorway exit Enns-Steyr > B115 into the Enns Valley.
- From Vienna: A1 motorway exit Haag > B42 > B122 > B115 into the Enns Valley
- From Passau: A8 Passau > Wels > A1 motorway exit Enns-Steyr > B115 into the Enns Valley
- From Graz: A9 Pyhrnautobahn > motorway exit Klaus > Grünburg > into the Ennstal valley
The Ennstalbahn runs between Linz and Weißenbach-St. Gallen. Details at www.ooevv.at
Railway Stations are located in Steyr, Garsten, Lahrndorf, Dürnbach, Ternberg, Trattenbach, Losenstein, Reichraming, Großraming, Gaflenz, Weyer, Küpfern, Kastenreith, Kleinreifling and Weißenbach-St. Gallen.
Public parking facilities
- Großraming: Public parking spaces behind the Landesmusikschule or at the former Salzwimmer Inn.
- Losenstein: Public parking spaces at the railway station or at the Blasl family inn.
- Laussa: Public parking spaces opposite Kaufhaus Baumgartner.
- Maria Neustift: Public parking spaces on the left behind the Gemeindeamt (municipal office).
- Gaﬂenz: Public parking spaces at the municipal office, open-air swimming pool
- Weyer: Kreuzberg car park
- Suitable for seniors
- Suitable for single travelers
- Suitable for friends
- Suitable for couples
- Early winter
Please get in touch for more information.
Phone +43 7252 53229 - 0
Interactive elevation profile