- pets allowed
- Suitable for groups
As the economic conditions in Steyr at the close of the 19th century were suffering, the establishment of the Austrian Rifle Factory, by Josef Werndl (1831 - 1889) was a vital and important addition to the regions financial situation.
He designed the breech-loading rifle together and Karl Holub. In 1935 his factory became the Steyr-Daimler-Puch Company-AG.
Out of gratitude for his outstanding services rendered to the town of Steyr, this memorial statue was created by Viktor Tilgner and installed in 1894.