- The Whole Year Round
Steyr parish church
This three-aisle church was built on the site of a Romanesque church from 1443 through 1522. Erected in the hey days of the town the structure was called the "Steyr Minister" from its size and significance. The church is dedicated to St Aegidius and St Coloman. The 80 meters tall tower was destroyed by a fire and was completely rebuilt in Neo-Gothic style from 1885 to 1889.
Steyr Parish church (Interior)
The Gothic ceiling vaults are supported by 12 colonettes. The high altar was erected in 1857 to commemorate the unsuccessful attempted assassination on Emperor Franz Joseph´s life. The most noticeable and striking architectural features of the Church are two windows that date back to the 14th and 15th century: The "Laxenburg Window" and the window depicting the Death Of Mary and her Crowning as Queen of Heaven. Baptismal font (1569), Chrisman Organ.