Weissenbach Chapel

Reichraming, Oberösterreich, Österreich
  • All weather
  • Suitable for pushchairs
  • Suitable for kids (all ages)

The Weißenbach Chapel, located on the northern border of the Kalkalpen National Park, is one of the few remnants of the vanished settlement in Weißenbach, where around ten families lived until 1960.
The chapel, renovated in 1999, was built in 1928 when the Reichraming brass works had a hammer mill built here and more and more working families moved to the village.
The chapel was the centre of village life, especially on Sundays and public holidays. Weddings were celebrated here and vigils were held after deaths.
Due to its size, it was long used as a replacement for the church, which was only built in Reichraming in 1897. When the inhabitants moved away in 1960, the chapel became obsolete.

  • open to the public

Accessibility / arrival

By car to parking lot P4 Weißenbach and continue on foot for about 20 minutes along the National Park theme trail "Im Tal des Holzes".

  • Parking space: 15
Parking fees

Coin machine € 0,10/€ 0,20/€ 0,50/€ 1,00/€ 2,00

Travelling by public transport
Route planner for independent travellers
  • Free entry
  • All weather
  • Suitable for kids (all ages)
  • Suitable for pushchairs
  • Suitable for seniors
  • Suitable for single travelers
  • Suitable for friends
  • Suitable for couples
  • Suitable for children
  • Spring
  • Summer
  • Autumn
  • Winter

Please get in touch for more information.


Weissenbach Chapel
Themenweg Im Tal des Holzes
4462 Reichraming

Phone +43 7252 53229 - 40

We speak the following languages


powered by TOURDATA