- All weather
The parish church of Großraming with the patron saint St James was first mentioned in a document in 1200. It was elevated to parish church status in 1392. The oldest parts of today's church date back to 1513.
The church consists of a late Gothic single-nave, four-bay nave with a ribbed vault. It was extended by one bay to the west in 1936. The baroque choir from 1691 has two bays and is semi-elliptically closed. In the chancel there are polished stained-glass windows with remarkable frescoes by Bartholomew Altomonte from 1759. A church tower from 1515 with a baroque spire from 1739 is attached to the south of the nave.
According to a document, the high altar was erected in 1691 and fundamentally altered and more richly decorated in 1759. The high altarpiece was painted by Johann Karl von Reslfeld in 1691 and the sculptures are probably by Marian Rittinger. The side altar with a newer statue of the Sacred Heart of Jesus and the pulpit were built in 1736. The altar in the adjoining chapel to the south was built at the same time. In the choir is a statue of St Florian from 1743 and the baptismal font is Gothic.
The bell, which was cast in 1522, is unusually beautiful and richly decorated.